Daniel Ross Funeral Directors in Sutton Coldfield provide a compassionate and sensitive funeral service and cover all Birmingham and West Midlands areas including Coleshill, Tamworth, Lichfield and Walsall.
Our charges are highly competitive with “Simple with Complete Care” Funerals from £995.00 which includes all our professional services, transfer charges, care to your loved one, Daimler Hearse and provision of a simple coffin.
Telephone us directly (24 hour service) on 0121 313 0054 for a completely no obligation quote.
Once the death has occured the GP or hospital will give you information regarding the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death (if it was an expected death). Once this is available you will have to arrange to visit the Registrar for the area in which the death occured.
We can make this appointment for you – Just telephone us, we are here to help.
- Sutton Coldfield Register Office – Council House, King Edwards Square, Sutton Coldfield, B73 6AN. Tel: 0121 675 2902
- Birmingham Register Office – Holliday Wharf, Holliday Street, Birmingham, B1 1TJ. Tel: 0121 675 1000
- Coleshill Register Office – 19 Parkfield Road, Coleshill (Appointments made through Atherstone Register Office).
- Lichfield Register Office – Old Library Buildings, Bird Street, Lichfield, Staffs. Tel: 01543 510772
- North Warwickshire Register Office – Warwick House, Ratcliffe Street, Atherstone, CV9 1JP. Tel: 01827 713241
- Nuneaton Register Office – Riversley Park, Coton Road, Nuneaton, Warks. Tel: 024 7634 8944
- Solihull Register Office – Library Square, Homer Road, Solihull. Tel: 0121 704 6099
- Tamworth Register Office – Church Street, Tamworth, Staffs, B79 7BX. Tel: 01827 475885
- Walsall Register Office – Civic Centre, Hatherton Road, Walsall, WS1 1TN. Tel: 01922 652260
Appointments are usually required to register a death. We recommend you make contact as soon as possible to avoid delay.
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO HAVE REGISTERED THE DEATH PRIOR TO MAKING FIRST CONTACT WITH US.
The General Register Office (GRO) has recently moved. Should you need to contact them their details are:-
Certificate Services Section
General Register Office
PO Box 2
Tel: 0845 603 7788 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. Saturday 9am to 4pm)
The Department for Work and Pensions (formerly the DSS) can be contacted on 0800 055 6688 or via www.direct.gov.uk
The Coroners Office, should you need to contact them, are at 50 Newton Street, Birmingham, B4 6NE or on 0121 303 3228.
You will also need to contact the DVLA if the deceased person drove or owned a vehicle. Their postal address is Swansea, SA99 1AB. Further information can also be gained from www.direct.gov.uk
Support & Advice
Most people feel like they need a bit of support following a bereavement, or help from specialist charities. A selection of contact details are listed here.
Samaritans – 08457 90 90 90
Birmingham Samaritans – 0121 666 6644
Cruse (Birmingham) – 0121 687 8010
Banners Gate Counselling Centre – 0121 354 6544
Sands (Stillbirth & NeoNatal Death) – 0207 436 5881 (local support groups available)
National Association of Widows – 024 7663 4848
St John’s Walmley Support Group – via church office on 0121 313 0413
Please contact us if you require a telephone number that you do not see here.